Future Warriors Project
“We don’t rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.”
As a young infantryman, I was introduced to this quote. I didn't understand it at the time, but I have thought on it for almost 20 years, and realized that we instructors, as an industry, are not doing enough to prepare our newest military enlistees, future officers, or future law enforcement for the job we are asking them to do.
DMT has decided to be a solution to that problem with the Future Warriors Project.
Our goal is to provide training in defensive and tactical skills to those in the enlistment process, in ROTC, or who are in criminal justice programs, to prepare them for their future careers in Law Enforcement or Military. With DMT's solid foundation and training, these future warriors can focus their energies on developing their teammates, subordinates, departments, and units into the most effective and capable defenders they can possibly be.
FWP Sessions Consist:
- Firearms training and operation, including handgun and rifle
- Combatives training
- Edged, impact, and improvised weapon training
- Personal development training, including:
- Constitutional Education
- Giving and Receiving Assessments
This training is exclusive to:
- Enlistees of any military branch, awaiting deployment to basic or advanced training
- ROTC cadets of any military branch at any stage of education
- Criminal Justice students at any stage of education
- Pre or Post Law Enforcement Academy graduates, working to be hired by a department
Cost of the classes is $20 per session, and participants must demonstrate qualifying documentation of participation in one of the aforementioned programs.
DMT will provide:
- Kit for proper training including:
- Belt, Outside the Waistband/Level 2 holster, and pistol and rifle magazine pouch
- Chest rig with pistol and rifle magazine pouch
- SIRTs for dry fire training
- Rental of handguns or rifles should the participant not yet own their own firearm
- Classroom and Live Fire Range
- SIM ammo for scenario training events
My Marine unit is one of the best trained fighting units in the armed forces. Even so, I would have been much more prepared had I trained with DMT prior to my deployments.
-Jordan R, Capt. USMC, Military Training Team Combat Advisor
The training that is offered by Defensive Mindset Training is nothing like I have ever experienced before. The level of training I received in the military does not compare to the level of training I have received here. I wish I had this level of skill before I had joined the military in 2013. The high standards that DMT's instructor holds their students to is something to be taken very seriously.
-Kevin C, SPC. US Army Infantry, 501st ABN
Thank you to our sponsors for supporting the Future Warriors Project!
Thank you to:
Alan and Camile Pitts for their generous gift to gear up our Future Warriors.