Foundations Rifle - AR15 Style or equivalent
Our primary home defense tool is the AR15 Modern Sporting Rifle. We're so sure about the effectiveness and reliability of this tool that we made a 10-hour movie about it: Home Defense Rifle.
This class takes beginners and develop their defensive rifle skills to a highly proficient level. The class runs on a 16 week rotation, designed for students to begin at any time. Whether you have never shot or operated an AR15 before or if you really want to develop serious defensive skills, this is the class for you.
The ongoing focus will help you develop effective neural pathways so you'll perform well under stress in defense of your life.
As with martial arts training, skills are developed through regular training over a series of months or even years. A Foundations Rifle student will learn:
- High level Shooting Fundamentals, including placing rounds on target accurately and without common handgun shooting errors like flinching or crushing
- Mounting and Deployment on targets in live fire and sim scenario
- Dynamic Weapon Positions to move with the rifle while maintaining proper Muzzle and Trigger Finger Awareness
- Immediate Actions to get a stopped rifle up and running as quickly as possible while maintaining 100% defense including Emergency Reloads, Soft Malfunctions, and
- A complete system of Deterrence to communicate to threats that you are a potentially lethal threat, possibly preventing further engagement
Advanced Rifle - AR15 style or equivalent
You won't find training like Advanced Rifle anywhere else. The Advanced Class works through complicated skills and tactical application that Defenders may encounter. The training in this class never ends with an unlimited number of topics, skills, and drills to help you as a Defender join the elite of rifle operators.
Advanced Students gain the skills to:
- Engage in retention shooting from contact to 15 feet
- Utilize flashlights and night sights for low light encounters
- Deploy and utilize multiple defensive tools such as edged, impact weapons, and transitioning to a handgun should the rifle fail
- Conduct tactical movement such as Room Clearing, Cover/Concealment, and working
with a partner
- Engage in precision rifle work up to 300 yards
- Engage multiple threats and the transitions between them
- Flow between shooting positions depending upon the range of the threat to the Defender
- Utilize Primary or Support hand only shooting techniques if one limb has been disabled
- Engage in security techniques for protecting family in lethal encounters
- And much, much more!